Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 3 - Site Works

Mat and I met with our Site Supervisor today. He was coming out to check if the block had been pegged out and couldn't find it. Luckily Mat is on nights this week so he was at home and we could nip out quickly (our rental is a couple of mins away) and meet him.

We discussed the timeline of the build.  Concretors, frames, windows and brickies have been booked in. Site peg out on Monday next week.  Site cut and fill Thursday or Friday next week, slab within 7 days of the cut and fill.

By Christmas we should have (weather permitting) bricks and the upper roof.  The house still should have scaffolding over the Christmas period for the roofing and cladding to be finished in the new year.

I also asked about the timeline of the build and how long it will take for it to be handed over.  I know we have a 40 week contract, but I was hoping that it would be a lot quicker than that.  We have been told that we are looking at least 30 weeks to complete the house. While its not the number I was hoping for, I appreciate the honesty.


No comments:

Post a Comment