Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day 28 - SLAB DAY

I have been worried the last couple of days that the weather would ruin my slab pour today. I have constantly been checking the weather app on my phone hoping that it would change to say that we were going to have perfect sun - about 25 degrees would be perfect, but no, it says



Actually it has changed from the weather this morning - it was 10mm - 20mm and thunderstorms from midday. I wasn't hopeful this morning when I woke up, but thankfully it was blue skies.

I quickly got the kids ready for daycare this morning and we arrived at the block just before 7:00am. Usually when we order concrete for a slab at work, we order the pump for 6:30am and the first concrete truck for 7:00am.  When we arrived, the concrete pump was there, the concrete truck was there, but no concretors.


The concretors come from nearly an hour away, but turned up not too much after 7:00am. Firstly there was a clean of the boom pump lines and then it was pour time.



As we were leaving the second concrete truck arrived. There is about 50m3 of concrete in the slab, so there will be about 9 or 10 concrete trucks today.

I am excited to see what it looks like this afternoon when I get home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment