Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 144 - Solutions

It has been a stressful couple of days.  On Wednesday I spoke to our SS regarding the doors. As the doors were installed as per the plans there was nothing he could do and I would need to speak to the manager.

I rung and left a message and thought that I would send an email as well and explain our side of the story, hoping that they would be sympathetic.

No phone call on Wednesday and yesterday I phoned again and left another message. Thankfully yesterday I was put out of my misery when I had my phone call returned.

Rawson has been AMAZING!!!  We have agreed to leave the master bedroom door as it is. Rawson will pay for the cost of the doors, plus the cost of pulling the old ones out and putting the new ones in.   The only thing that we are being charged for is what the doors would have cost should they have been upgraded to the stacker doors in the first place. So total cost to us is $350.00 each door.

To say I am relieved is an understatement.  Rawson has been so understanding and I appreciate everything they have done, where they could have easily charged us the full cost of the new doors including the installation.

 
New doors have been ordered, and thankfully they will not hold up the gyprock being installed. 

Yesterday afternoon I did my usual drive past the block to find the roof for the garage being delivered.



I didn't think that anything had been done apart from the internal stair scaffolding being installed, so it was a pleasant surprise when we saw that the fascia and gutter for the alfresco and garage had been installed.





I met with the SS this morning.  We have had the roof rail installed this morning (they arrived as we were leaving the block) the garage and alfresco roof is going to be installed Monday.  Electrician rough in Monday and Tuesday.  Air Conditioning rough in Tuesday and Wednesday.  Gyprock delivery Thursday.  There is no one that wants to work over the easter weekend, so we will have gyprock start the Tuesday 2nd April 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment