Yesterday we set about planting them. As the block is mainly clay, we dug a shallow trench and then planted the plants using a mound. That way we can get a decent amount of good soil for them to establish in. We thought we would need 1 - 2 tonnes of dirt - we ended up going through about 4 tonnes.
I need to take the front of the block in two pictures - as it is nearly 50metres wide and wont fit into one frame.
All the scrub on the hill behind the hedges will go. Mat wants to mulch the hill and have a few plants, maybe some Gymea Lilly's, however, I think it will look nicer with lovely green turf.
After all that planting, the only problem we have now - how to water them, when we currently don't have water connected.