Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 53 - Waiting

I am not a patient person. I don't like to wait.  I really wish that builders would work to my time, but seeing I work for a builder, maybe I of all people should realise that things take time.

I sent back the final variations for the house, the glazed pantry door, which will be perfect to hide all the mess in my non 'Martha' pantry and the variation to reduce the island from 3300mm to 3000mm but increase the width from 810mm to 1200mm.  

I am still wondering if I have done the right thing here.  I love the look of the loooonnnng island. I could always increase it, even longer than the 3300mm and then the join wouldn't be so noticeable.


Mat thinks that if it is going to have a join, then it needs to have two joins in it. One large piece of stone in the middle and then exactly the same sized smaller stone pieces on the outside.  Have I mentioned before that he is really anal when it comes to symmetry?  He is and I think with this issue it is a little over the top, so maybe I just stick with the 3000m and not have to have a join at all.

Colours have been signed off and sent back.  I haven't thought about the colours since they were sent in, so I must be OK with them. It is one less thing to worry about.

I have been promised my revised plans by the end of this week - as in tomorrow.  I only work 2 days a week and today is my 'end of the week'. I asked Rawson if I could have the plans today so I could print them off etc, they said they would 'try' their best.  I have emailed them today to check whether I will be getting them - no reply as yet. So I am not going to hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment